nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quick question on LICENSE/NOTICE when bundling controllers and processors
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2017 21:59:44 GMT
1)  All nars once built do need to contain a LICENSE and NOTICE file
to cover what ends up in them as an archive of binary dependencies and
also it should cover any specific source dependencies they might have
(like MIT javascript libs in nifi-web-ui).

2)  We need a LICENSE/NOTICE in every nar.  A LICENSE and/or NOTICE
will be auto generated if not already present anyway.  What we need
them to cover is mentioned in #1.

Also, for any source or binary dependency in a given nar we must also
ensure all source dependencies are captured appropriately in the top
level nifi.git/LICENSE & NOTICE and any source & binary dependencies
are captured in the nifi.git/nifi-assembly/LICENSE and NOTICE.

As we progress toward separating the application from the nars by way
of some extension registry we'll be able to have a far smaller/simple
LICENSE and NOTICE at the top level but the above nar L&N
considerations will still apply per L&N.

Does that help at all James?