nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Marc <phroc...@apache.org>
Subject Namespaces in MiNiFI-cpp
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 12:24:58 GMT
Good timezone appropriate salutation,

   I'd like to move the MiNiFi-CPP agent to a more controlled namespace,
namely org::apache::nifi::minifi . In an upcoming PR I'll introduce a
directory for I/O activities and using namespaces will help better isolate
and encapsulate the duties of the code; however, I wanted to make sure
everyone is okay with these namespace changes.

First and foremost, the question would be: will this impact anyone?

     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFI-217

I wouldn't immediately make the change, to avoid impacting devs who are
expecting the global namespace. I put an arbitrary estimate in the ticket
to reflect notice being given before applying the change to the mainline.

 Feel free to comment on the ticket with objections and/or timeline
requests. This is pretty low priority, but I wanted to provide sufficient
notice.

     Best Regards,
     Marc Parisi