nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Burgess <mattyb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating a custom DatabaseAdapter
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2017 02:53:23 GMT
Stanislav,

This is not your fault, it is a current limitation due to the
organization of the NiFi submodules with respect to the location of
DatabaseAdapter.  In general, when a NiFi interface is to be
extensible, there is a submodule for the API JAR to be available to
other NARs/submodules/etc.  In this case, we'd likely want
DatabaseAdapter (and any related classes) to be included in
nifi-standard-services-api-nar as its own API NAR, yet at the moment
it is a class inside nifi-standard-nar.

I agree that we should make this interface available, and refactor the
submodules accordingly to make DatabaseAdapter extensible outside the
nifi-standard NAR. Some care should be given to which "parent NAR" it
belongs, in order to ensure that we don't upset the current mechanism
of one parent NAR per child NAR, but hopefully "nifi-services-api-nar"
is the right spot.  Do you mind writing up a Jira case for this?  I
think it will help the community in general as various DB integrations
are desired.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 5:05 AM, Stanislav <egl2000@yandex.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to create a custom org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.db.DatabaseAdapter,
is this possible?
> I have tried creating new class that implements the interface and specified the full
class name in META-INF\services\org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.db.DatabaseAdapter file,
and created a nar.