nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Bateman <r...@windofkeltia.com>
Subject Reporting tasks as processor properties
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 16:55:48 GMT
Reading the docs on Reporting Tasks, it seemed to me that they said that
hooking (my word) a reporting task up as a property to a processor is
the preferred way [1]. I wanted to confirm this as I have yet to stumble
upon a coded reporting task sample that does this (or, should I say, a
processor that has a reporting task as a property to set à la controller
service).

I understand controller services, hooking them up, etc., and I can
easily imagine how to consume a reporting task in similar fashion, but I
wanted a) to confirm that I'm not crazy and b) feel warm fuzzies that
this in fact best practice. Also, if you could refer me to a coded
processor consuming a reporting task from its properties that would make
me feel even warmer and fuzzier.

Thanks,

Russ

[1] /Developing a Reporting Task/