nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Careful, don't change processor package name.
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:32:44 GMT
Toivo,

When you change the class (or package) name of a Processor, you have effectively
removed the processor from your build and added a new one. At that point, NiFi will
create a "Ghost" processor to take its place because the Processor class no longer exists.
The properties are still retained, in case you add the processor back. But since NiFi
cannot find the Processor, it doesn't know whether the properties are sensitive or not.
As a result, it marks all properties as sensitive because it was determined that it is better
to share too little information than to share too much.

Perhaps it would make sense to allow some sort of 'toolkit' that could be used to update
the flow.xml.gz to change the package/class names of the processor??