nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bulletin and related FlowFile
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2017 22:27:00 GMT
Hi Toivo,

The bulletins do not contain a specific field identifying a flowfile because not every bulletin
is caused by or directly related to an individual flowfile. Bulletins can be generated by
processors, controller services, reporting tasks, etc. and may not be due to a flowfile error.

In the situations where the bulletin is caused by a flowfile exception, the flowfile uuid
and resource claim are often included in the bulletin message, but you will have to parse
the text to extract these in order to perform further processing/queries.

Most bulletins are generated automatically from exceptions being caught and logged via ComponentLog,
which are then translated via the LogObserver implementations [1].

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-framework-bundle/nifi-framework/nifi-framework-core/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/logging/ProcessorLogObserver.java
<https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-framework-bundle/nifi-framework/nifi-framework-core/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/logging/ProcessorLogObserver.java>

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org