nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Pushkara R <pushkar1...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions on Topology and custom-processor deployment on NiFi and MiNiFi
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 18:00:02 GMT
Hi,

I am a part of a Research Lab in Indian Institute of Science and we are
currently evaluating MiNiFi as candidate for out IoT deployments. There are
two things I wanted get clarified as I could not find relavant
documentation.

1. It is mentioned in multiple places that using NiFi we can update the
processor Topology of multiple instances of MiNiFi that are connected to
it. However, I am not able to figure out how. I assume it would involve
communication with the MiNiFi bootstrap and passing it the relavant yml
file, but I don't know how to do it. Could someone please elaborate?

2. On NiFi, the processor topology can be updated in the UI without
stopping the entire topology. Only the concerned processors need to be
stopped. Though MiNiFi does not have a UI, is it necessary that every minor
edit to the topology needs a restart? Is there a way to go around the
necessity to restart MiNiFi entirely?

Regards
Pushkar