nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Davison <svendavi...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom Processor
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 15:53:15 GMT
I have a json object the SOMETIMES contains a scientific notation for the
value. I want to have a nice or "human readable" number w/ thousands
separator.

example values:
10000
2.23456789E6
2.1234567891E10
15.123456789E7

what i thought of doing was checking for the existance of E. then forking
it in the flow. if it has an E.. get the value to the right of the E. split
the string into an array (including the .). finding the index location of
the "." then moving it X positions per value indicated on the right of the
E. once thats done, go back and add the thousands seperator "," for easy
reading.

this is string manipulation rather than "math".. Can anyone recomend an
easier way?

I've never built a custom processor.. this might be the time for it.
Setting a flowfileAttribute to the putput value would work for me.

i need to read up and find some documentation/tutorials on how to make your
own processor...