nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Gresock <jgres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where does javax.net.debug output go?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 12:48:03 GMT
Ok, I narrowed it down and found that when I specify an external directory
as the conf directory, nifi-bootstrap.log isn't written to (though it is
created).  In this scenario, the other log files work just fine, it's just
the nifi-bootstrap.log that doesn't work.

To reproduce this, I replaced "./conf" with "/opt/nifi/data/conf" in
bootstrap.conf, and specified the same absolute path in the nifi.properties
file as well, for all properties that use the ./conf directory.

In order to get this configuration to start up, you also apparently need
${NIFI_HOME}/conf/bootstrap.conf to be a symbolic link to the actual
location of that file (in /opt/nifi/data/conf, in my case).

I was able to work around this with my current configuration by simply
linking the entire ${NIFI_HOME}/conf directory to /opt/nifi/data/conf.

The configuration I described definitely did work in the 0.x line.  So, I'm
not sure if this is worth fixing, since we're using a non-standard setup
and there's a workaround.