nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Reminder to run checkstyle and RAT before merging to master
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 03:03:53 GMT
Hi everyone,

Just a quick reminder to all committers to please run with the -Pcontrib-check Maven profile
when reviewing PRs and merging things to master. I know it can be slow, but it’s very important
to ensure we maintain our code style and perform the license check.

Tonight master was failing due to some checkstyle violations and because two files were missing
the appropriate license. We all make mistakes on this from time to time (my early days in
the project were an infinite loop of Aldrin, Matt, and Joe fixing these things for me) so
I just wanted to send this as a reminder and offer help/guidance for anyone who isn’t comfortable
with that process — please contact me any time and I’m happy to help.

Thanks.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com