nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Stefán Baxter <ste...@activitystream.com>
Subject Providing a uuid for a FlowFile
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2016 09:44:03 GMT
Hi,

We have been producing UUIDs for all messages flowing through Activity
Stream that we call StreamId and they are of the same UUID version as NiFi
uses for FlowFiles.

I tried to set the uuid attribute on "first contact" (in port) for NiFI but
it still, understandably, generates it's own UUID.

Is there a way to have NiFi accept an external UUID or is it an fundimental
requirement of NiFi to generate on for it self?

This is not important as I can set this as another attribute but I'm just
looking to simplify things a bit :) for us and our tracability.

Regards,
  -Stefán