nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NIFI and IRODS
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2016 15:58:38 GMT
Hello,

I'm not familiar with IRODS and don't know if anyone has integrated it with
NiFi, but based on the fact that there is a REST API and a Java client,
there are likely two approaches.

You may be able to interact with their API using NiFi's HTTP processors
such as GetHTTP, PostHTTP, and InvokeHTTP.

The other option is to implement custom processors that use their Java
client. There is a good amount of information about building custom
processors in the Developer Guide [1] and there is a Maven Archetype [2] to
help get the project started.
The code for all of the processor's that come with NiFi is also a great
place to look at for examples [3].

Hope that helps.

-Bryan

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/developer-guide.html