nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] MiNiFi C++ 0.1.0 Release
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 21:03:39 GMT
Daniel,

I think one reason that MiNiFi Java has been successful, both as a prototype and tool deployed
in real environments today, is that it was able to leverage much of the existing NiFi Java
codebase. This greatly reduced the "time-to-market” and allowed the development team to
get working code out into the ecosystem and start to build a community and refine the application.
Part of that community is gathering feedback from interested parties, which you are helpfully
providing here. However, I do believe there is legitimate value to MiNiFi Java. Developers
are hard at work on both the Java and C++ versions and are pushing for feature parity so that
choice of language is not a barrier to feature availability. We welcome community focus on
various aspects of the project and would not try to direct you to get involved with MiNiFi
Java if that’s not what you are interested in.

For now, this list is the best place to have conversations about MiNiFi C++ topics. The wiki
does have room for feature requests, roadmap evolution, etc. As the MiNiFi community grows,
we may split the mailing lists, but that would likely not be for some time.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com