nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Cave <dc...@ssglimited.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] MiNiFi C++ 0.1.0 Release
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 18:29:10 GMT
Having been out of touch since MiNiFi C++ got added and just getting into it,
is there a reason the C++ version is trying to follow closely the MiNiFi
Java version rather than just insuring connectivity with NiFi?  I have not
been able to find alot of details regarding the roadmap for MiNiFi C++.

It seems to me that this tight coupling is coming at the cost of the
efficiency that should be gained through a C++ version.  MiNiFi C++ should
lend itself to a hub and spoke model with MiNiFi C++ acting as the spoke
clients and NiFi as the hub.  This only works, however, if maximum
efficiency is maintained as spoke needs may range from servers to embedded.
Additional to embedded advantages, MiNiFi C++ also has the ability to run
natively as a Windows service with direct interaction with the Windows API
which is also difficult at best with the Java version.

Can you please provide some clarity on where things are headed?  For
reference, I have been through the wiki, JIRA, Confluence, Git, etc.