nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ExecuteProcess fails to identify environment variable in the script
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 18:31:45 GMT
Hi,

I believe this is the same issue asked on StackOverflow [1]. It was resolved to the poster’s
satisfaction there, but I’m providing the same answer here for anyone on the list.

"Have you tried using the -f or -d options for sshpass? They allow you to read the password
from a file or file descriptor respectively. This way you can use OS-level access controls
to restrict access to the file rather than having the password in an environment variable
which other users or processes may be able to access it.

I can investigate further why the executed process apparently did not have access to the environment
variable value if those options are not sufficient."

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/a/39843104/70465 <http://stackoverflow.com/a/39843104/70465>

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com