nifi-dev mailing list archives

From raghav130593 <raghav130...@gmail.com>
Subject ExecuteProcess fails to identify environment variable in the script
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 21:00:43 GMT
I am trying to run a remote script through a script in my host environment
from the ExecuteProcess processor in NiFi. Basically, the shell script in
the host server has the ssh string to the remote server and calling the
script in that remote server. I used sshpass package where I saved the
password in an environment variable(SSHPASS) and passed that in the ssh
string.For more info on sshpass, https://linux.die.net/man/1/sshpass . The
host script content is as follows:

sshpass -e ssh user@host sh /path-to-script

When I passed the host script path to the command property of the
ExecuteProcess processor, the result of the processor showed that it didn't
login to the remote server. So, after some debugging, I created a user
defined property in the processor that specified the environment variable
SSHPASS and its value which is the password of the remote server and then it
worked.

I exported the password as an environment variable in the host so that I
don't have to pass it as cleartext in the first place. Is there any
workaround where I don't have to specify the environment variable value ?
Any suggestions on any other method to connect to the remote server and call
the script is welcome too.