nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Geercken" <uwe.geerc...@web.de>
Subject Aw: Re: Site-to-site not working
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 14:10:54 GMT
Thank you so much Corey - that did it.

Finally I can do more interesting things.

Have a nice weekend.

Uwe

> Gesendet: Samstag, 10. September 2016 um 14:09 Uhr
> Von: "Corey Flowers" <cflowers@onyxpoint.com>
> An: dev@nifi.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: Site-to-site not working
>
> The socket host should be the ip of the machine it is on, not the machine that it expects
to receive the data from. That variable is similar to the httphost or https host variable,
also in the prop file.

> Hope that helps!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Sep 10, 2016, at 6:02 AM, Uwe Geercken <uwe.geercken@web.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have used Nifi for a while on my laptop. Now I wanted to setup a second machine
communicating with the first one - either using Nifi oder Minifi. For the moment I have Nifi
1.0.0 running on both and I followed the instructions of how to setup Nifi. I read documentation,
but there must be something I have overlooked I guess. There is some documentation on site-to-site
but nothing concrete - I assume that is what I have to setup. I miss e.g. the concrete info
what exact port the two instances will use to communicate, so I fetched that from a website
but I am not sure if that is correct.

> > I just won't get it working and would need some help or advice. I don't know if
it is misconfiguration or maybe a security/firewall problem.

> > The setup is as follows:
> >
> > Computer 1:
> > - Fedora 24
> > - Nifi 1.0.0
> > - running a seperate zookeeper insatnce
> > - Java OpenJdk 1.8.0
> > - IP 192.168.2.11 (WLAN)
> > - I added the following to the nifi.properties file:
> > # Site to Site properties
> > nifi.remote.input.socket.host=192.168.2.17
> > nifi.remote.input.socket.port=10000
> > nifi.remote.input.secure=false
> >
> > Computer 2:
> > - Fedora 24
> > - Nifi 1.0.0
> > - running embedded zookeeper
> > - Java OpenJdk 1.8.0
> > - IP 192.168.2.17 (LAN)
> > - I did not change anything in the configuration except for the embedded zookeeper
> >
> > On both computers Nifi runs and I can successfully build data flows. I can ping
computer 1 to computer 2 and vice versa. I have built following flows:

> > Computer 1:
> > - input port
> > - putfiles processor, storing the files on the local disk
> >
> > Computer 2:
> > - generate flowfiles processor
> > - remote processor group pointing to: http://192.168.2.11:8080/nifi.
> >
> > Now the remote processor group and the logs show following error:
> >
> > ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-8] o.a.nifi.remote.StandardRemoteGroupPort RemoteGroupPort[name=in1,target=http://192.168.2.11:8080/nifi]
failed to communicate with http://192.168.2.11:8080/nifi due to java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused

> > If I use http in the remote processor group, I get following error:
> >
> > WARN [Http Site-to-Site PeerSelector] o.apache.nifi.remote.client.PeerSelector org.apache.nifi.remote.client.PeerSelector@335fb7ad
Unable to refresh Remote Group's peers due to Remote instance of NiFi is not configured to
allow HTTP site-to-site communications