nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Tseytlin, Keren" <Keren.Tseyt...@capitalone.com>
Subject How to Use Nifi Remote Debugger?
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2016 19:39:39 GMT
Hi All,

I want to set up the remote debugger with Nifi so that I can step through the code with IntelliJ.
I noticed that last year someone else asked about how to set up remote debugging here ->
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/nifi-dev/201508.mbox/%3C7641519c73cd4ad3832b80461b8ce2f5@MBX080-W2-CO-2.exch080.serverpod.net%3E

I followed these steps, and uncommented the line: java.arg.debug=-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000.
However, when I do that I can't get Nifi to start up properly anymore. It will say that Nifi
is running, but it will attempt to display an error page (which is some text with html formatting
that doesn't get formatted properly).

Has remote debugging changed in the past year or so since that thread was posted? Are there
any other configs in Nifi that need to be changed? Would really appreciate additional detail
for remote debugging with Nifi.

Thanks,
Keren

material from your computer.