nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Gunjan Dave <gunjanpiyushd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom expression language functions
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2016 19:58:26 GMT
Hi Joe,
Having the ability to extend or customize EL functions is important. Infact
few important functions like ability to fetch from distributed cache or
readily using Certain java claases like java.lang.*, Java.io.*,
java.match.* etc are missing.

adding processor is certainly feasible but its an extra hop. With the
ability to write global functions it can be achived in single processor
instead of two.

this would prove most useful in advanced rules tab of updateattribute
processor.