nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "McDermott, Chris Kevin (MSDU - STaTS/StorefrontRemote)" <chris.mcderm...@hpe.com>
Subject Re: Binary Data over the PutTCP processor
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 19:36:02 GMT
Hello friend,

I’m not really a developer but I thought I might chime in while you wait for a more “official”
answer.

Reading the original JIRA for the PutTCP processor and glancing at the code, it seems to send
the binary data unmolested.  The Character Set setting (e.g. UTF-8) is only to allow the proper
binary conversion of the message delimiter to a byte sequence.  Yes, the documentation for
the Outgoing Message Delimiter could certainly be more specific.

Did you try sending the binary data without a message delimiter?

I hope this helps.

Chris McDermott

Remote Business Analytics
STaTS/StoreFront Remote