nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Bateman <russell.bate...@perfectsearchcorp.com>
Subject Re: How to Use Nifi Remote Debugger?
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2016 20:03:28 GMT
Here's how I've been doing it for the last 6 months. I use IntelliJ, but
I'm also an Eclipse guy.

http://www.javahotchocolate.com/notes/nifi.html#20160323

Hope this helps.

Russ

On 09/21/2016 01:39 PM, Tseytlin, Keren wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to set up the remote debugger with Nifi so that I can step through the code with
IntelliJ. I noticed that last year someone else asked about how to set up remote debugging
here -> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/nifi-dev/201508.mbox/%3C7641519c73cd4ad3832b80461b8ce2f5@MBX080-W2-CO-2.exch080.serverpod.net%3E

> I followed these steps, and uncommented the line: java.arg.debug=-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000.
However, when I do that I can't get Nifi to start up properly anymore. It will say that Nifi
is running, but it will attempt to display an error page (which is some text with html formatting
that doesn't get formatted properly).

> Has remote debugging changed in the past year or so since that thread was posted? Are
there any other configs in Nifi that need to be changed? Would really appreciate additional
detail for remote debugging with Nifi.

> Thanks,
> Keren
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital
One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for
Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying
material from your computer.