nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "McDermott, Chris Kevin (MSDU - STaTS/StorefrontRemote)" <chris.mcderm...@hpe.com>
Subject Re: ConsumeJMS and Acknowledgement Mode
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 13:57:10 GMT
Yes.

Chris McDermott

Remote Business Analytics
STaTS/StoreFront Remote
HPE Storage
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Mobile: +1 978-697-5315

    So you’re asking about ConsumeJMS?

<chris.mcdermott@hpe.com> wrote:

    > Hi Oleg,
    >
    > Sorry, I wasn’t more clear.  I should have stated that ConsumeJMS does not expose
a setting for ACK mode.  Screen shot attached. So my question is which ACK mode does it use?

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Chris McDermott
    >
    > Remote Business Analytics
    > STaTS/StoreFront Remote
    > HPE Storage
    > Hewlett Packard Enterprise
    > Mobile: +1 978-697-5315
    >

    > On 9/14/16, 9:41 AM, "Oleg Zhurakousky" <ozhurakousky@hortonworks.com> wrote:
    >
    >    Chris
    >
    >    FWIW, the Get/PutJMS* are effectively deprecated processors since they only support
one JMS provider (ActiiveMQ) and should not be used. Instead we recommend Publish/ConsumeJMS
pair.

    >    As to your question, which specific ACK mode you are inquiring about? As the doc
currently states, the auto-ACK may loose messages. Is that what you are using?

<chris.mcdermott@hpe.com<mailto:chris.mcdermott@hpe.com>> wrote:

    >    Hey folks,
    >
    >    The GetJMSQueue processor allows configuration of the Acknowledgment Mode.
    >
    >    Acknowledgement Mode
    >
    >    Client Acknowledge
    >
    >    •         Client Acknowledge
    >    •         Auto Acknowledge
    >
    >    The JMS Acknowledgement Mode. Using Auto Acknowledge can cause messages to be
lost on restart of NiFi but may provide better performance than Client Acknowledge.