nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: ConsumeJMS and Acknowledgement Mode
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:01:06 GMT
Ok, sorry, got confused a bit.

Indeed ConsumeJMS is using auto-ack at the moment, hence can suffer from the same problem
as GetJMS.
However, the designed of this new JMS support definitely provides for exposure of ACK and
other properties to the end user. Please raise JIRA and we’ll take care of it.

Cheers
Oleg
> On Sep 14, 2016, at 9:57 AM, McDermott, Chris Kevin (MSDU - STaTS/StorefrontRemote) <chris.mcdermott@hpe.com>
wrote:

> Yes.
>
> Chris McDermott
>
> Remote Business Analytics
> STaTS/StoreFront Remote
> HPE Storage
> Hewlett Packard Enterprise
> Mobile: +1 978-697-5315
>

> On 9/14/16, 9:54 AM, "Oleg Zhurakousky" <ozhurakousky@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>    So you’re asking about ConsumeJMS?
>
>> On Sep 14, 2016, at 9:49 AM, McDermott, Chris Kevin (MSDU - STaTS/StorefrontRemote)
<chris.mcdermott@hpe.com> wrote:

>> Hi Oleg,
>>
>> Sorry, I wasn’t more clear.  I should have stated that ConsumeJMS does not expose
a setting for ACK mode.  Screen shot attached. So my question is which ACK mode does it use?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Chris McDermott
>>
>> Remote Business Analytics
>> STaTS/StoreFront Remote
>> HPE Storage
>> Hewlett Packard Enterprise
>> Mobile: +1 978-697-5315
>>

>> On 9/14/16, 9:41 AM, "Oleg Zhurakousky" <ozhurakousky@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>>   Chris
>>
>>   FWIW, the Get/PutJMS* are effectively deprecated processors since they only support
one JMS provider (ActiiveMQ) and should not be used. Instead we recommend Publish/ConsumeJMS
pair.

>>   As to your question, which specific ACK mode you are inquiring about? As the doc
currently states, the auto-ACK may loose messages. Is that what you are using?

<chris.mcdermott@hpe.com<mailto:chris.mcdermott@hpe.com>> wrote:

>>   Hey folks,
>>
>>   The GetJMSQueue processor allows configuration of the Acknowledgment Mode.
>>
>>   Acknowledgement Mode
>>
>>   Client Acknowledge
>>
>>   •         Client Acknowledge
>>   •         Auto Acknowledge
>>
>>   The JMS Acknowledgement Mode. Using Auto Acknowledge can cause messages to be lost
on restart of NiFi but may provide better performance than Client Acknowledge.