nifi-dev mailing list archives

From choedebeck <craighoedeb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Binary Data over the PutTCP processor
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 18:37:13 GMT
The message delimiter is a required field, and if I set it to an empty string
the processor would transition to an error state.  The documentation I read
seems to provide mixed messages on what this field does if you also have the
"1 message per connection" parameter set as well.

>From what I was able to discover from my testing, what happens is 1 messages
does indeed get sent per connection, but the message delimiter would be
included at the end of the message.  Once I modified my receive code to
ignore the last byte I was able to verify the data was the same going out vs
coming in.

Perhaps I was wrong about the data being mangled, but encoding to Base64 did
fix all my issues.  There was something about my data that the processor
didn't like.  The only other thing I can think of is that the binary data
going across did have '\n' characters in it, but since I had 1 message per
connection I didn't think that mattered.