nifi-dev mailing list archives

From choedebeck <craighoedeb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Binary Data over the PutTCP processor
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 17:56:19 GMT
I was able to resolve this issue by encoding my data as Base64 before
sending, and then decoding the data I received from the PutTCP processor.
It is important to point out though that I was only able to do this because
I controlled both the data being sent.  I can imagine several use cases
where this would not be the case.

This was very inconvenient, and at a minimum I believe the documentation
should be updated to spell out that if binary data is going to be sent
across this processor, it must be encoded as text.  Ideally, there would be
some kind of setting that would allow me to send binary data across this
processor without requiring encoding.