nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [E] Apache NiFi 1.0.0-BETA RC1 Release Helper Guide
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 22:53:28 GMT
I believe Bryan Rosander also encountered issues with this test earlier in the week and there
was concern it is non-deterministic? I don’t have the notes in front of me. He should be
able to offer his recollections over the weekend or on Monday. Bryan Bende also committed
a fix for the GetHDFSSequenceFileTest yesterday [1]. When I built the beta today, it worked
on the first run.

[1] https://travis-ci.org/apache/nifi/builds/149847070 <https://travis-ci.org/apache/nifi/builds/149847070>

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On Aug 5, 2016, at 3:28 PM, Tarou, Kirk <Kirk.Tarou@VerizonWireless.com.INVALID>
wrote:

> After sending that email, I decided to just give the build another shot
> with the same command (mvn clean install -Pcontrib-check) and it worked
> with no errors. Not sure why it failed the first timeŠ
>
> - Kirk Tarou
>

> On 8/5/16, 3:24 PM, "Joe Percivall" <joepercivall@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thanks for taking the time to help validate the release but I am not able
>> to reproduce those errors (these tests run fine for me). Can you provide
>> some more information about your system or how you're running the tests?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joe
>> - - - - - -
>> Joseph Percivall
>> linkedin.com/in/Percivall
>> e: joepercivall@yahoo.com
>>

>> On Friday, August 5, 2016 5:24 PM, "Tarou, Kirk"
>> <Kirk.Tarou@VerizonWireless.com> wrote:
>> During build, tests failed on nifi-hdfs-processors.
>>
>> GetHDFSTest.testAutomaticDecompression:153 expected:<1> but was:<0>
>> GetHDFSTest.testFileExtensionNotACompressionCodec:191 expected:<1> but
>> was:<0>
>> GetHDFSTest.testGetFilesWithFilter:136 expected:<4> but was:<0>
>> GetHDFSTest.testInferCompressionCodecDisabled:172 expected:<1> but
>> was:<0>
>>

>> On 8/5/16, 1:41 PM, "Joe Percivall" <joepercivall@yahoo.com.INVALID>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Apache NiFi community,
>>>
>>> Please find the associated guidance to help those interested in
>>> validating/verifying the release so they can vote.
>>>
>>> # Download latest KEYS file:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nifi/KEYS
>>>
>>> # Import keys file:
>>> gpg --import KEYS
>>>
>>> # [optional] Clear out local maven artifact repository
>>>
>>> # Pull down nifi-1.0.0-BETA source release artifacts for review:
>>>
>>> wget
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nifi/nifi-1.0.0-BETA/nifi-1.0.0-BE
>>> T
>>> A-source-release.zip