nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Externally update processor State
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 20:05:59 GMT
Peter,

Ok understood.  I feel like the QueryDatabaseTable processor should
have a property for exactly this.  And there is already a clear and
well managed model and REST API for operating on those.  Does that
sound like a fair alternative?

Thanks
JOe

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Peter Wicks (pwicks) <pwicks@micron.com> wrote:
> Joe,
>
> The specific use cases at the moment both surround QueryDatabaseTable and its Max Value
Column tracking.

> First, I'd like to be able to set an initial value for a max value column; so essentially
an initial state value. The idea would be to support situations where we want to start loading
data only from the last 'x' time period.

> Secondly, if something happened downstream and we need to roll back the clock I want
our operations team to be able to stop the processor, change the timestamp to the necessary
value, and then start the processor back up as part of their resolution process.

> Regards,
>   Peter

with their own managed state.  We did not intend for that to be something someone external
to the processor could interact with directly.  Rather, that is what properties are expected
to be used for.

> So far the couple of requests like this I've seen are where there is a sort of human
in the process flow going on - like a workflow manager.
> Can you describe the details of your use case/ideal user experience a bit further?
>
> Thanks
> Joe
>
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Peter Wicks (pwicks) <pwicks@micron.com> wrote:
>> I'm looking for a way to externally update a processors state, preferably through
an API call and then at some point the existing State viewer with the clear button. From digging
through the code base I couldn't find an exposed API that would allow for state modification;
only a state clearing.