nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Externally update processor State
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:51:22 GMT
Peter,

The state management function the is built-in is to allow processors
to set/interact with their own managed state.  We did not intend for
that to be something someone external to the processor could interact
with directly.  Rather, that is what properties are expected to be
used for.

So far the couple of requests like this I've seen are where there is a
sort of human in the process flow going on - like a workflow manager.
Can you describe the details of your use case/ideal user experience a
bit further?

Thanks
Joe

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Peter Wicks (pwicks)
<pwicks@micron.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to externally update a processors state, preferably through an
API call and then at some point the existing State viewer with the clear button. From digging
through the code base I couldn't find an exposed API that would allow for state modification;
only a state clearing.