nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Burgess <mattyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to catch ProcessException error in JUnit test code
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 17:12:26 GMT
Does your processor extend AbstractProcessor or
AbstractSessionFactoryProcessor? If the former, then all throwables
get caught by the onTrigger method:
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-api/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processor/AbstractProcessor.java

Are you sure you want such exceptions to propagate out of the
processor? Usually you would route a flow file to some failure or
retry relationship, or rollback the session (which is what
AbstractProcessor does). This keeps the integrity of the framework
rather than an exception escaping into the wild.

Regards,
Matt