nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Koji Kawamura <ijokaruma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 1.0.0 (RC1)
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 05:50:09 GMT
Full clean build w/contrib check good.
Ran standalone NiFi and secured standalone.

-0.9 (non-binding)

Because I found two issues during the test.

1. Confusing log message with tls-toolkit.sh "No hostnames specified"
This is a trivial one, and this is NOT the reason why I did negative
fraction vote. The tls-toolkit.sh works functionally fine, but it logs
an INFO msg that is confusing to users. PR 965 is sent and ready to be
reviewed.

2. RPGPort REST endpoint tries to retrieve RPG with RPGPort ID
This is more critical issue, because it blocks users to enable/disable
RPG transmission per port.
Even if we left this, Site-to-Site can be used, but cannot control per
port basis.
I prefer this fix to be in 1.0.0, but I'd like to let Joe, release
manager decide.
PR 962 is ready for review.

Thanks,
Koji