nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ReportingTask provenance question
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 13:08:25 GMT
Joe,

You will have to keep track of the last provenance event id that you
queried in order to query for new events.

In 0.7.0 we added a site-to-site provenance reporting task  [1] which may
take care of what you need, or at least be an example to base your custom
reporting task from.

The reason we went this route was rather than having a whole bunch of
custom reporting tasks to send provenance data to different places, we may
as well make use of NiFi's existing processors.
So you can have a separate NiFi instance that just receives provenance
events over site-to-site and uses processors to send them wherever, or even
site-to-site back to a single instance but this produces a few more
circular provenance events.

-Bryan

[1]
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-site-to-site-reporting-bundle/nifi-site-to-site-reporting-task/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/reporting/SiteToSiteProvenanceReportingTask.java#L117