nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: External Repositories (aka Extension Registry) for Dynamically-loaded Extensions
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 22:15:50 GMT
Thanks Matt.  Really great to keep having this evolve.  Once we get on
the other side of the 1.0 release we should kick off another roadmap
discussion to recap what has been done in the past six or so months
and also to identify what are some good focus areas for the next 6+
months.

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Matt Foley <mfoley@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Puspendu Banerjee and I have been exchanging ideas about how to design the "Extension
Registry" in the wiki page discussion at

>   *   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/External+Repositories+%28aka+Extension+Registry%29+for+Dynamically-loaded+Extensions
>
> We've now posted some Use Cases and a Design Proposal to that page (new sections 5 and
6), as well as the beginnings of a prototype implementation, enough to see the basic framework,
at

>   *   https://github.com/PuspenduBanerjee/nifi/tree/NIFI-ExtRegistry
>
> I've also opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-2168? for the work.
>
> I'm sorry the current state of the prototype code isn't entirely up to date with Master
(it's from June 9), but I've been interrupted by a family medical emergency, that will likely
tie me up for the next week or so.  But I hope those of you who are interested will look at
the Design Proposal and the proto implementation, and give us the benefit of your comments.