nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Aldrin Piri <aldrinp...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] MiNiFi's Initial Release, 0.0.1
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 20:53:53 GMT
Hey folks,

We've had some nice work done on the MiNiFi Java implementation but would
love to start putting things through their paces and extend the community.
To that end, I would like to tackle our first release and volunteer to take
the RM duties.

MiNiFi has benefitted from the extensive body of work that the Apache NiFi
community has done and, building on that, provides another approach to data
collection and processing, establishing design and deploy of flows via
declarative configuration.  Currently, this is accomplished via YAML, but
interfaces are extensible to support additional/other means and evolve as
the community establishes a path forward.

As part of maintaining a smaller footprint, those processors included are
those located in the NiFi standard NAR to provide the core acquisition
process.  As MiNiFi continues on, we shall seek to maintain API
compatibility between NiFi and MiNiFi as per the efforts of NIFI-1896.  If
the base distribution of MiNiFi is not sufficient, additional NiFi
distribution or custom NARs can be additionally loaded.

There are a couple tickets in their final stages of review and after those
wrap up, I will look to give cover the LICENSE and NOTICE items as well as
augment and extend our existing NiFi release processes for any additional
needs that may arise.

For those who have not had the opportunity to scope out the intents of
MiNiFi or could use a refresher, many of the points from the community's
original discussion on this effort can be located on its wiki page [1].
Please feel free to comment and add any additional thoughts either there or
on JIRA [2].

Thanks!
--Aldrin

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/MiNiFi