nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: EXTERNAL: Re: GetSQS variable queue
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 14:18:45 GMT
Joe,

The only difference would be when you call context.getProperty(QUEUE_URL).evaluateAttributeExpressions()
you don't pass any FlowFile to evaluateAttributeExpressions(). This will evaluate only the
variables in system/env properties and variable registry.

Thanks
-Mark

> On Jul 13, 2016, at 10:14 AM, Gresock, Joseph <joseph.gresock@lmco.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Mark.  I've created a ticket and picked it up, but I have another question.  So
far I've only ever evaluated EL on a flow file, but in GetSQS there is no flow file when the
queue URL is read from the property.  What is the recommended way to evaluate an EL expression
using just the variables from the variable registry?

> Thanks,
>
> Joe Gresock
> Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Stf
> AMPERE LIZARDSPOCK TTO
> 443-294-2661
> joseph.gresock@lmco.com

GetSQS processor configured with EL using a system property from bootstrap.conf.  Is it possible
to allow GetSQS Queue URL to support EL, or would this break the design of the processor?

>> If this is not possible, are there any suggestions on configuring a queue name per
environment?  In the past, I've scripted string replacements in the flow.tar prior to deployment,
but I was hoping to use something more configuration-based.