nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Gresock, Joseph" <joseph.gres...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: GetSQS variable queue
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 14:14:12 GMT
Thanks Mark.  I've created a ticket and picked it up, but I have another question.  So far
I've only ever evaluated EL on a flow file, but in GetSQS there is no flow file when the queue
URL is read from the property.  What is the recommended way to evaluate an EL expression using
just the variables from the variable registry?

Thanks,

Joe Gresock
Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Stf
AMPERE LIZARDSPOCK TTO
443-294-2661
joseph.gresock@lmco.com

From: Mark Payne [markap14@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 8:40 AM
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: GetSQS variable queue

Hey Joe -

I don't think there is any specific reason that GetSQS could not support Expression Language
(limited to environment variables, system variables). It would require a code change to the
processor,
but I don't believe it would break the design.

Also of note, in 0.7.0 we have an initial implementation of a Variable Registry, which would
allow
you to configure in your nifi.properties file a list of Variable Registry properties files,
specifically
for this type of purpose. I.e., in nifi.properties, you could set the "nifi.variable.registry.properties"
property to say "aws-config.properties" and then you can have a production "aws-config.properties"
file that has the variables that you want to use and a staging "aws-config.properties" that
has
the variables that you want to use. Hopefully I explained this clearly - It's just a bit cleaner
than
having to add system properties to the bootstrap.conf file.

Thanks
-Mark

> On Jul 13, 2016, at 8:09 AM, Gresock, Joseph <joseph.gresock@lmco.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a production and a staging SQS queue, and I was hoping I could have a single GetSQS
processor configured with EL using a system property from bootstrap.conf.  Is it possible
to allow GetSQS Queue URL to support EL, or would this break the design of the processor?

> If this is not possible, are there any suggestions on configuring a queue name per environment?
 In the past, I've scripted string replacements in the flow.tar prior to deployment, but I
was hoping to use something more configuration-based.