nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: ControllerService Enabling and Processor onPropertyModified
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:57:15 GMT
Indeed this sounds like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-2032. The PR for it has
been out https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/541 so if you get a chance to try it please let
us know. Hopefully it will be merged soon.

Cheers
Oleg

On Jun 20, 2016, at 4:25 PM, Michael Moser <moser.mw@gmail.com<mailto:moser.mw@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Michael,

You may be encountering the bug NIFI-2032 [1] which exists in NiFi 0.6.1.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-2032

-- Mike

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Michael D. Coon <mdcoon1@yahoo.com.invalid<mailto:mdcoon1@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

All,
  Before I get too deep in submitting Jira tickets, etc. I'm wondering if
this is expected behavior. I'm using NiFi 0.6.1.

  I have a ControllerService that I reference as a service property on my
Processor. The Processor, in turn, uses the ControllerService's internal
configuration state to determine Processor output relationships. But, it
appears that at NiFi startup, I'm given the ControllerService before it is
actually enabled. When I try to invoke the  methods to get the
ControllerService's state, it fails (because it's not enabled).
  Two problems I found:
1) Logging the invocation exception for calling a disabled
ControllerService is being suppressed in this case, which caused this to
take me a full day to track down2) Why would I ever be given a service to
use without it being fully enabled?
I thought I would just block in my Processor's onPropertyModified method
until the ControllerService was enabled; but it looks like the thread
that's actually enabling the service is calling my Processor's
onPropertyModified method and the ControllerService is never enabled until
my Processor's onPropertyModified method is done.
Is this expected behavior? If so, can someone please explain the
assumptions around sending non-enabled ControllerServices to my Processor?

Mike