nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Closing in on the Apache NiFi 0.7.0 Release
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 03:41:38 GMT
Big thanks joe for stepping up to take on the RM tasks for the 0.7.0
release.  Assuming the 1.0.0 release happens soon this could mean that
0.7 is the last minor release in the 0.x branch!

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 9:54 PM, Matt Burgess <mattyb149@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andy,
> Thanks for the extra eyes on the Slack PR, I will look at the client auth piece but may
have some questions as I'm still hoping to "see the Matrix" on all that security stuff :)

> About to take the red pill,
> Matt
>
> P.S. To echo Andy's thoughts, thanks to Joe for organizing the release!
>
>> On Jun 13, 2016, at 9:36 PM, Andy LoPresto <alopresto@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for organizing this, Joe. I replied to Joe Witt’s question on 1795 and removed
it from 0.7.0, but Jira was down earlier so it didn’t stick. All good now.

>> I’ll also throw eyes on the PutSlack PR and look forward to someone reviewing the
client auth piece. It’s small, and will be superseded by NIFI-1990, which standardizes the
certificate behavior for clustering and site-to-site (over socket and HTTPS).

>> Andy LoPresto
>> alopresto@apache.org
>> alopresto.apache@gmail.com
>> PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
>>
>>> On Jun 13, 2016, at 3:26 PM, Matt Burgess <mattyb149@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'll take the PutSlack PR and Ricky's unpack PR, and if there's an update on
the Elasticsearch PR I'll take that too. As always though, the more eyes the better :)

>>> Thanks,
>>> Matt

keep the release moving roughly along the lines of the schedule we've discussed previously.
 Those of you who have tickets on here that can be moved to 1.0.0 please do so.  Otherwise,
let's please keep discussion/status information up so we can all see how we're trending toward
release candidate readiness.

so if you are on the hook for a ticket please help to get it closed out. There are a couple
which have patches or PRs with no comments and need review, if able please help out the release
by reviewing them.

set to false" NIFI-1981[1] [status] PR created by Andy LoPresto.  NEEDS REVIEW.

Needs another round of review

NIFI-1586[3] [status] Ricky Saltzer created a PR that addressed a couple comments and is rebased
(request by Matt Burgess). Awaiting full review.

new commit addressing comments. Awaiting review from Matt Burgess or Andy LoPresto.

Pierre Villard addressed Adam Taft's comments on the PR and is awaiting a final review.

roll itself back" NIFI-1644[6] [status] No progress, commented asking Mark Payne (reporter)
to see if it can slide.

[status] Oleg Zhurakousky created a PR and is awaiting review.

variable "annotationData"" NIFI-2009[8] [status] No progress, commented asking Oleg Zhurakousky
(assignee) to see if it can slide.

PR submitted by Joe Skora, last comment addresses Joe Witt's concern's and is awaiting a full
review.

which addressed various comments, awaiting review from Oleg Zhurakousky.

[status] João Henrique Ferreira de Freitas created a PR but needs to address Matt Burgess'
comments.

NIFI-1795[12] [status] No progress, awaiting word from Andy LoPresto if it can slide

a PR and addressed review comments by Tony Kurc. Awaiting final review by Tony.

[status] Patch submitted by Alex Halldin. NEEDS REVIEW.

submitted by Alex Halldin. NEEDS REVIEW.

submitted by Alex Halldin. Currently being commented on by Bryan Bende and Joe Witt on master
vs 0.x branch but needs a full review.