nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.7.0 (RC1)
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2016 14:39:19 GMT
Not quite ready to vote but here is the status of my review.

Checked out the build/commit/hashes/etc.. and all those things checked out.

Extraneous file:
- It has /appveyor.yml file.  Obviously this is not a big deal but
should be ignored from source release somehow.
Recommendation: File a JIRA to to block this from being in the source release.

Licensing concerns
- The LICENSE file has this entry "This product bundles 'Jolt' which
is available under an Apache License"
  We should not have apache licensed items in our license file. We
only need to carry forward NOTICE information of such dependencies and
those would go in our NOTICE if applicable.
- The nifi-assembly/NOTICE file has an "MIT License" section.  This
should be removed.  MIT licensed items should be reflected in the
LICENSE file and Luaj already appears to be there.
- The nifi-assembly/NOTICE file references "Python Software
Foundation" section.  Python license is category A.  Such dependency
belongs in LICENSE file and not NOTICE.  Only if that dependency has a
NOTICE with legally required items should there be a reference to it.
Recommendation: File a JIRA to correct these items.

Functional issue
- Cannot get a secured cluster working that worked well on 0.6.0.
After upgrading now seeing the following line.  It either means I
upgraded incorrectly, or we're missing critical migration guidance, or
we have introduced a new bug.  I cannot login to the cluster and in
the nifi-user.log of the NCM if found this entry:
  2016-06-25 14:19:12,017 INFO [NiFi Web Server-23]
o.a.n.w.a.c.IllegalArgumentExceptionMapper
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: User account already created
CN=box1.testing.org, OU=NIFI, O=Apache-NiFi, L=Here, ST=There,
C=EVERYWHERE. Returning Bad Request response.

We presently do not have migration guidance for moving from 0.6 to
0.7.  This may be correct but wanted to verify.

Thanks
Joe