nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Aldrin Piri <aldrinp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nifi behind AWS ELB
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 18:16:51 GMT
InvokeHTTP may be the better option if the user is not interested in
transmitting content _packaged as_ FlowFiles.  Someone with a bit more
history than myself can provide some additional context if I have strayed
off the path, but PostHTTP and ListenHTTP were precursors to Site to Site.
While they can transmit arbitrary content, were created for this
inter-instance communication to aid in the guaranteed delivery semantics.
The listed hold, in this case, is part of that transaction occurring where
a response is returned to acknowledge receipt via ListenHTTP [1] and the
ContentAcknowledgementServlet [2].

[1]
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/1bd2cf0d09a7111bcecffd0f473aa71c25a69845/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/standard/ListenHTTP.java
[2]
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/1bd2cf0d09a7111bcecffd0f473aa71c25a69845/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/standard/servlets/ContentAcknowledgmentServlet.java