nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Foley <mfo...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Compress a folder with all its files
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 20:12:22 GMT
Some clarifying questions about what you want to do (without regard to what existing NiFi processors
can do):

1. Is this a one-time compression of a folder with fixed contents?  Or will individual files
in the folder need to be added and/or removed over time?

2. Does the resulting compressed file need to be compatible with Windows or Mac "zip folder"
formats, or will any codec suffice?

3. Does the compressed file need to be splittable, in particular do you need to be able to
extract individual files from it without decompressing the whole folder?

Regards,
--Matt F
From: Chamil Jeewantha <kdchamil@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:43 PM
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Compress a folder with all its files

Hello Guru's,

I have set of files in a directory. I wants read all the content of that
given folder and create a zip file by Nifi.

   - Will MergeContent processor works for this?
   - As I know, there is no such process that I can use for this case. Do
   we have one?
   - Are there any alternatives (work arounds)?

Best Regards,
Chamil

--
http://kavimalla.blgospot.com