nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Sourav Gulati <sourav.gul...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Reg: Nifi Clustering
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 09:15:07 GMT
Hello Team,

We are doing some poc with Nifi . IF successful, we may be using it in production some time
in future. We are using site-to-site in our poc.  As Joe, in the upcoming 1.0 release work
is being done to eliminate this notion of master/slave altogether.

Will site-to-site be still supported? Reason I am asking this is currently while configuring
site-to-site we need to provide URL of NCM in Remote process Group.

Regards,
Sourav Gulati

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Clarke [mailto:matt.clarke.138@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 4:41 PM
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: RE: Reg: Nifi Clustering

Sourav,
   A single instance of NiFi cannot be both a NCM and a Node at the same time. In order to
have both a NCM and a Node on a single server, you will need to install two copies of NiFi.
One will be configured to be the NCM while the other is configured to be the Node. As Joe
pointed out, these two instance of NiFi cannot share any listening ports (HTTP or S2S ports)
in their configs.

Matt