nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PutKafka-Message Delimiter
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 13:04:13 GMT
Sourav,

Could you please send a screenshot of your processor configuration?
What we're looking to help you do is enter a new-line character to the
delimiter property.  You cannot just enter the literal string '\n' but
you can hit the "enter" key.  To do that you click on that property
value like you're about to type characters so it brings up the text
box.  Then you press "CTRL+Enter" and then hit enter or click the ok
button.  You should then notice that it will no longer suggest 'no
value set'.  So we'll see that in the screen shot.  You're on the
right track we just need to get this last bit done.

Thanks
Joe

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Sourav Gulati
<sourav.gulati@impetus.co.in> wrote:
> Oleg,
>
> Yes it is not a required property.
>
> As per the documentation, If we do not provide any message delimiter to PutKafka, it
writes all  the content of a flowfile as single message to Kafka. My requirement is that I
want to write all messages in the flow file as separate messages on Kafka.

> Messages in the flowfile is delimited by "/n" . That is why I was providing "/n" as message
delimiter. However, it is not working.

> Regards,
> Sourav Gulati

empty validator so anything you enter there is a valid value. In other words it can never
produce 'no value set’ message.
> I just tested it myself as well to be sure.
> Could you provide more details as to what exactly you are doing?
>
> Cheers
> Oleg
>> On May 5, 2016, at 7:31 AM, Sourav Gulati <sourav.gulati@impetus.co.in> wrote:
>>
>> Could you please provide me that documentation content?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sourav Gulati

Please guide.

privileged or otherwise protected by law. The message is intended solely for the named addressee.
If received in error, please destroy and notify the sender. Any use of this email is prohibited
interception or interference.