nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Subhash Sriram <Subhash.Sri...@spglobal.com>
Subject Re: Nifi Installation and configeration
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 16:07:13 GMT
Hi Vishnu,

I am just getting started with Nifi too, so I can definitely share some of
the information I have. In terms of downloading and getting it installed, I
found the getting started guide at Hortonworks to be helpful:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF1/HDF-1.2.0.1/bk_HDF_GettingStarted/content/downloading-and-installing-nifi.html

In terms of reading/writing data from databases, it depends on the database
and processor you are using. In my case, we are reading/writing from MS SQL
server. The main configuration for the DB itself is in the
DBCPConnectionPool.

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi.dbcp.DBCPConnectionPool/index.html

As you can see, you have to specify different parameters according to your
db configuration, such as the URL, the driver you are using, where the JAR
file is located, etc...

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Subhash

--