nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Gresock, Joseph" <joseph.gres...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: Provenance disabled
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 13:08:14 GMT
Ah, so obvious.  That was it, thanks =)

Joe Gresock
AMPERE TTO
Software Engineer Stf
Lockheed Martin MST
Joseph.gresock@lmco.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Elliston Ball [mailto:simon@simonellistonball.com]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2016 9:06 AM
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: Provenance disabled

This will happen if you are authenticated as a user who does have the provenance role. That’s
certainly the most common cause. There are other configurations which can do this, but they
are unlikely on a clean install. Can you share anything about the authentication / provenance
config?

Simon

> On 23 May 2016, at 14:03, Gresock, Joseph <joseph.gresock@lmco.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> What would cause Nifi (0.5.1) to start up with the Data Provenance icon disabled (grayed
out) and no Provenance context menu on processors?  I don't see any errors or warnings in
the logs related to provenance, and it appears to be writing files to the provenance_repository
on disk.  This is happening on a brand new instance.  Any help would be appreciated.