nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com>
Subject New Kafka API support (0.9+)
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 16:17:19 GMT
As some of you know, we are in the process of providing a set of new Processors that uses the
new Kafka API (0.9+). This is a new NAR and will live for a while along side with the old
Kafka NAR.
The new Processors are called PublishKafka and ConsumeKafka (specifically to emphasize the
new consumer API provided by Kafka)

The current PR https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/366 is in the review process, and even
though we’ll do our best to merge it to the trunk as quick as possible I would encourage
all of Kafka aficionados to see if you can try it earlier by building NiFi from this branch

The commit message provides all of the details included in the commit, and I have to worn
you that aside form new Kafka AP support it addresses several more issue including some of
the work for old Kafka processors.

Feel free to comment on the PR or use mailing lists with questions/concerns

Given the popularity of Kafka I felt compelled to make all of you aware of this work as early
as possible.

Cheers
Oleg