nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Bateman <russell.bate...@perfectsearchcorp.com>
Subject Re: Required, either-or properties
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 17:35:37 GMT
Joe,

Thanks for your reply.

As I'm thinking about it, validation of the property value isn't so much
my problem. It's documentation.

If I mark the property documentation for both properties as required,
then my consumer will wonder what supplying both would mean. However,
one of the two, but never both is required. If both are supplied
(whatever that would mean in the mind of the consumer), I ignore the
template on the filesystem path since I check for the existence of the
direct content property first.

Is this dilemma a candidate for the /customValidate/ method you mention?

Best,
Russ