nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Gilman <matt.c.gil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to deploy NiFi to an existing app server like WildFly?
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 00:16:20 GMT
Thanks for the question and your interest in Apache NiFi!

Currently, NiFi runs an embedded web server. There are a number of reasons for this but most
importantly is ease of deployment. By embedding the web server we can expose the relevant
settings and ensure proper bootstrapping for our extension points. NiFi offers a rich extension
model (most notably Processors) and ensures class path isolation that would be more difficult
without controlling the web server. Additionally, NiFi is comprised of a number of web applications
as we offer a number of UI extension points which are automatically discovered and deployed
to our embedded web server. There is no current plans to support deploying NiFi to an external
web server.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone