nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Sourav Gulati <sourav.gul...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: PutKafka-Message Delimiter
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 13:21:14 GMT
Hello Joe,Oleg,

I was trying "\n" for new line .Please refer nifi_kafka_1.png for the same.

Then I tried pressing ctrl+enter and click ok. It says "no value set". Please refer nifi_kafka_2.png
for the same

Regards,
Sourav Gulati

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Witt [mailto:joe.witt@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2016 6:34 PM
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: PutKafka-Message Delimiter

Sourav,

Could you please send a screenshot of your processor configuration?
What we're looking to help you do is enter a new-line character to the delimiter property.
 You cannot just enter the literal string '\n' but you can hit the "enter" key.  To do that
you click on that property value like you're about to type characters so it brings up the
text box.  Then you press "CTRL+Enter" and then hit enter or click the ok button.  You should
then notice that it will no longer suggest 'no value set'.  So we'll see that in the screen
shot.  You're on the right track we just need to get this last bit done.

Thanks
Joe

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Sourav Gulati <sourav.gulati@impetus.co.in> wrote:
> Oleg,
>
> Yes it is not a required property.
>
> As per the documentation, If we do not provide any message delimiter to PutKafka, it
writes all  the content of a flowfile as single message to Kafka. My requirement is that I
want to write all messages in the flow file as separate messages on Kafka.

> Messages in the flowfile is delimited by "/n" . That is why I was providing "/n" as message
delimiter. However, it is not working.

> Regards,
> Sourav Gulati

empty validator so anything you enter there is a valid value. In other words it can never
produce 'no value set’ message.
> I just tested it myself as well to be sure.
> Could you provide more details as to what exactly you are doing?
>
> Cheers
> Oleg
>> On May 5, 2016, at 7:31 AM, Sourav Gulati <sourav.gulati@impetus.co.in> wrote:
>>
>> Could you please provide me that documentation content?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sourav Gulati

Please guide.

privileged or otherwise protected by law. The message is intended solely for the named addressee.
If received in error, please destroy and notify the sender. Any use of this email is prohibited
interception or interference.