nifi-dev mailing list archives

From idioma <corda.ila...@gmail.com>
Subject Formatting issues with Json: what is the best approach in NiFi?
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 14:50:32 GMT
Hi,
I have a quite complex dataflow and half way through I am returned with a
Json file that looks like this:

{"field1": "D",
 "field2": "12345",
 "field3": "myText",
 "field4": ,
 "field5": "B2",
 "field6": "B",
 "field7": 74664",
 "field8": 2,
 "field9": [something."2334", something."9973"],
 "field10": ,
 "field11": "9,
 "field12": "J"}

I will later on try ingesting it into ElasticSearch and I am sure I will be
in trouble because the format is not valid. There are at least the following
issues:

1) mismatched '"'
2) null values
2) values not wrapped in '"'
3) values wrongly wrapped in '"'', for example something."2334", which
should be "something.2334"

What is the recommended approach for cleaning "messy" Json? Do you usually
resort to ExecuteScript?

Thanks,

I.