nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Sourav Gulati <sourav.gul...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: PutKafka-Message Delimiter
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 12:51:00 GMT
Oleg,

Yes it is not a required property.

As per the documentation, If we do not provide any message delimiter to PutKafka, it writes
all  the content of a flowfile as single message to Kafka. My requirement is that I want to
write all messages in the flow file as separate messages on Kafka.

Messages in the flowfile is delimited by "/n" . That is why I was providing "/n" as message
delimiter. However, it is not working.

Regards,
Sourav Gulati

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Zhurakousky [mailto:ozhurakousky@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2016 6:08 PM
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: PutKafka-Message Delimiter

I am not sure what you’re saying since it is not a required property and it uses non empty
validator so anything you enter there is a valid value. In other words it can never produce
'no value set’ message.
I just tested it myself as well to be sure.
Could you provide more details as to what exactly you are doing?

Cheers
Oleg
> On May 5, 2016, at 7:31 AM, Sourav Gulati <sourav.gulati@impetus.co.in> wrote:
>
> Could you please provide me that documentation content?
>
> Regards,
> Sourav Gulati

Please guide.

>>> Regards,
>>> Sourav Gulati

>>> NOTE: This message may contain information that is confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected by law. The message is intended solely for the named addressee.
If received in error, please destroy and notify the sender. Any use of this email is prohibited
interception or interference.